The Boys' Bugle

A Christian magazine for boys featuring things of both a spiritual and physical nature.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Jon Jon Baby

My Jon Jon Baby--
we all adored him
Dad, Mom and siblings ten
he grew so fast
and was almost nine
when he announced to me
"I told God that I'll live for him."
He found much to do
in the woods, farm, and shop
capable, willing, helping, and studying
kind, forgiving, charming and fun.
He was known to argue with the dictionary
and delight us with tricks.
Fast becoming a man
he was doing his duty--
suddenly hurled in the air
angels were there
ready to catch him and carry him yon.
Oh how we miss him
but through the dark cloud
my sonshines from heaven
his example a beacon
bidding us come.

We love you, Jonathan!
Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home